Had the privilege to drive a local WWII veteran, Carl Kircher, in the West Bend Memorial Day Parade. Kircher enlisted in the Navy in 1946 when he was 19 years old. He went to San Diego for training and then served for two years at the Naval Station Great Lakes in Illinois.
Less than a month before the tour leaves. Behind the scenes:
– I’ve topped 8,000 push ups. Only 2,000 left to go!
– The only credit card with zero transaction fee and no annual fee outside the U.S. is the Capital One card. Sign me up!
– I’ve successfully secured eight sponsors for radio updates on AM-1470 WBKV in West Bend. I’ll be calling in live updates on Monday’s and Friday’s. Sponsors include: Goeden’s Auto Body, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Washington County, Common Sense Citizens, Shorewest Realty – Paula Becker agent, Wisconsin Lift Truck, Salberg Law Office, Swede’s St. Kilian Inn, and Shop My Closet.
– Next Monday afternoon I will be on Ted Ehlen’s afternoon show on WRJN in Racine talking about the upcoming Amazing Ride for Alzheimer’s.
– Word is the new jerseys have arrived at Husar’s House of Fine Diamonds. Set to pick up on Friday – stay tuned!