Long day but making progress and working to find my groove. Highlights from Tuesday’s 75-mile spin from Thiensville, WI to Zion, Illinois are below.
- Left camp at 5:20 a.m. BTW the birds are up at 3:30 a.m.
- Found a couple fabulous trails including the Oak Leaf Trail and Ozaukee County Interurban Trail. Both were well paved and helped to steer clear of busy traffic.
- Heard an inspirational speaker talk about how people slow down to see tragic situations but rarely slow down to appreciate the beauty in the world.
- Found a lovely collection of roadside art on Cedarburg Road just south of Thiensville.
- The Oak Leaf Trail provided a seamless connection through Whitefish Bay to the lakefront.
- Headed south on a dedicated route of Hwy 32 through Walkers Point, Bay View, St. Francis, South Milwaukee and Cudahy.
- It was the pink Cadillac aka “The Cadillac House” buried in the front lawn at Armour and Lake Drive in Cudahy that initially captured my attention. Richard Serocki is the local artist. ”I went to Cudahy High School and everything in art I was A+++. I didn’t care too much about the rest.”
- Richard’s home has been featured on TV and he’s done radio interviews as his unique collection is part of the fabric of the community.
- Lowest price for gas I managed to find today is just outside Bay View. Illinois is $5.69 for a gallon of regular unleaded.
- Sunny skies, good roads and warm temps helped me land at a campground in Zion, Illinois for the night.
If the way that somebody lives pleases the Lord, the Lord will lead him into good things. Psalm 37:23 Easy English Bible
The 2022 Amazing Ride for Alzheimer’s is raising money this year for music programming for seniors at Cedar Community, a 501c3, so all donations are tax-deductible.
Donate via the secure website through Cedar Community. Donations should be marked “Amazing Ride 2022.” Click HERE to make a secure online donation.
Checks may be made payable to “Cedar Community” with “Judy Bike Ride” in the memo line and mailed to 113 Cedar Ridge Dr., West Bend, WI 53095
Be sure to include the Federal Tax ID Number for the Foundation: 39-1249432
You may also find a downloadable donation form HERE.
Cedar Community is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, and donations are tax-deductible.